SNAPPED GEAR STICK

russ3120

Drive back to brecon last night, changed down a gear, slowed down , stopped, waited , then over took a stationary car, changed up and as i got past the car OOOOOOOPS AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH my gear stick is in 2 pieces.

Can anyone help?

Russ

Time for a new lower gearlever then :mellow: it's not difficult to change, glad the parts pages helped :i-m_so_happy:

item 21 either FRC9668 upto gearbox number 55A 0119840H or FTC4026 from gearbox number 55A 0119840H to Chassis number LA 081991 [after that gearbox became a R380] you'll need to find your gearbox serial number & chassis number to be sure to order the correct part. :D

I've never heard of a Disco gear stick snapping. Quite common on a series motor though. I was halfway across a river with someone elses wife in catflap and it snapped - beats using the "we've run out of fuel" trick :lol:

Les.

Les

you dirty old man

Russ

Not sure, but it doesn't look very strong at that point, might be worth looking at a new one or a known good one to compare yours too.

Sent the pic to Ashcrofts, got a speedy reply from Dave

The groove should not be their, so back to the welder

Russ

should this groove be here?

Hi Russ,, thats a very strange grove, I wonder what its function was meant to be? :huh:

seen somthing like it on the clutch lever on my winch where a locking screw sits.

still all's well that ends well :)

Lawrence