Thanks to everbody who helped

Right so Doris the old 110 is done now and MOT'd. Tonight she sets off from London to Wales to start her new life by the seaside in Snowdonia. Its going to be a long trip but hopefully she'll make it.

Many thanks to all who've helped out (too many to list) with various issues along the way.

Done

New Master cylinder

New Slave

New rear Wheel bearings and Oil seals

New rear shoes

New discs & pads

Full service

New PAS box

New PAS pump (& pipes to fit - a saga in itself)

New Rocker cover (my fault - I put a new gasket on and over tighten the middle bolt - it shattered)

New Glow plugs

Welded in New Footwells

Welded Front Chassis Leg

Welded Front O/S Outrigger

New Gear Knobs Vanity

New Gear Gaiter Vanity

Replaced Front Brake Pipes

New Wheels and tyres (tubeless off my 300TDi)

New Battery

New Timing Belt & Seals

New Steering Damper

New Gearbox Oil

New Rear Diff Oil

New Front Diff Oil

New Fuel & Oil Filter

New Engine Oil

Fit New Radiator

New Head

New Shouds

New Guides, Rollers and Tappet slides

MOT

Beware all that sea air....

the old lump of magnesium bolted to the steel frames of doors/panels etc might be worth a thought

as the magnesium reacts with the steel before the ali it tends to save stuff a lttle longer (just remember to treplace the magnesium otherwise it still gets to the ali! :rolleyes:

Well she made it, 6 hours drive!

2.5NAD are very slow, 55-60 all the way!! , My wife followed in our Disco 3 and got 39.8 MPG!!!!!!! (usually 22-26MPG)

Like the old girls in Eastborne, Doris the 110 has come to the seaside to live out her years (hopefully another 20+ years). She's an old 110 and unlike my newer Defender has no Ali corrosion and has galvy cappings. She will need a new chassis one day and other consumables like engine and gearbox but she's here and the greenlanes are much better than the ones in London.

Now we should start heading your way for some weekends on the lanes with you....

Its not a bad idea, loads of lanes round here, in fact the LRO adventure club stop here on a Sat night when they are doing the Wales safari.

If planned right, for me at least, set off Friday early, spend Friday on Salisbury plains, B&B or camp then onto Wales (Strata Florida) and a few other lanes B&B or camp and then lanes around Tywyn and Bala. Home back to the big smoke

Right I've added some pictures of Doris the 110 in her new home, as far as I can tell for the past 15 years she has had mostly an urban life in Oxford, Maidenhead and West London.

She is now happy in Wales, much better scenery

Bit of a dial up warning

0.jpg

Rolling hills

1.jpg

Nice easy start

2.jpg

Not even testing her

3.jpg

Just a quick check over

4.jpg

Good lane