Tuning a 200tdi - a few worries!

Not sure how high they go in reality but you can add up the extra bhp figures on twisted perforamnces website, might give an idea of whats possible. I don't know how much extra mine has but its so much more drivable now. I can even over take things!

New silicone hoses next I think!

Just remember that silicon hoses won't add to the performance at all.

Consider decent standard replacement ones. LR Parts does them for about £40ish the set which compares to £90 for the Alisport silicone jobs.

And, yes, I've replaced my hoses with silicon ones. And they're from Alisport. And I honestly wish I'd saved the money.

Unless anyone can offer a decent argument for silicone hoses on a Tdi with uprated pump and intercooler?

I thought the logic was that they wouldn't expand like a knackered old set would ( i watched mine do it and it balloons up!) so i have ordered a set but they were £80 as I bought them at the same time as someone else and got a discount.

Still not quite got it right, theres to many puffs of smoke for my liking when I accelerate but at steady speed none. Probably doesn't help that I enjoy vigorous acceleration! Dial it back a notch I think and try some BP ultimate fuel and see what difference that makes if any. Its mostly just another experiment to try and keep me entertained!

Quite right. They don't expand like a KNACKERED old set.

A new set won't expand.

I've spoken to Andy at Alisport over this and their advantage is less degradation. But my original Genuine ones lasted 12 years.

He also said that they won't add to the performance at all.

Upon reflection, I can't see the silicone hoses offering their money's-worth in life-expectancy.

I am a regular visitor to Salisbury plain with a bad puddle habit! My hoses are knackered so anything that can take the abuse and the subsequent power washing better is worth it in my book. You should see my current one expand :s I was worried it would pop!

With the new rad and inter cooler up front I will definitely be putting a guard in front of them for when the mud gets heavy or I decide to go for a paddle. I have the instructions on my work PC from alisport for tuning the fuel pump. They are very simple, i'll post them up if I get a second tomorrow. They might be of use to others here.

Andy