OT - How to You Pay homage to a Tree????

Steve King

In the garden of the flats where I live is a large beech tree and it is listed as one of the great trees of London. Unfortunately the tree's roots have become infested with Meripilus Giganteus (Giant Polypore)fungus and this damages the stability of the tree and leaves it susceptible to falling in strong winds.

The council have therefore obtained permission to chop the tree down.

I was intrigued to see a notice next to the tree inviting the public to come and pay homage to the tree on Sunday between 14.00 and 20.00. How exactly do you pay homage to a tree? What is the dress code? Any ideas anyone?

Jeez! I'm sorry the tree has got to come down but perhaps this is taking things a little too far.... Perhaps I should attend the tree homage and pass a hat around for donations to the recent earthquake victims?

5 litres of petrol a small packet of rockets a box of matches and a safe distance one petrol deposited around tree .

pay homage to the tree with FIRE

for more effect increase petrol quantity

rockets required to prevent loss of hair etc :lol:

:D But just consider how old that tree is for a moment. Anything that has survived that long in today's disposable and consumerism ridden world deserves some respect surely.

Just think about it for a moment and you'll have paid hommage.