Protection from a Roll (not bacon)

gruntus

Gents,

I have seen the damage on a rolled 90 first hand (my old mans hybrid) and quite a few scary photos on the forum.

My main concern is that basically the front of the roof where it meets the windscreen just collapses and the front passengers have to hold onto lady luck for protection.

As I build my 90 up I want to make sure the Mrs and Junior (he will be occuping a rear forward facing seat) can survive if the unfortunate were to occur.

Has anyone out there seen any lite weight internal roll cages that can protect the occupants?

I can see in advance the problems with regard to securing the internal cage at the front. I have seen internal hoops on the NAS 90's (fixed at the rear of the driver/passenger) but don't think this will protect in the area of concern.

The 90 is going to be too pretty (depends on my spraying :D ) to take further off road than the odd green lane so a heavy duty external cage (read as very expensive) isn't really required.

However, I think an external cage may be the only way.

Waiting patiently for engenious replies............... :)

Regards

G

Internal cages are available but the ones I've seen take up valuable interior space

an internal/extnl like the NAS/Anniversary models would be better suited to your needs and done properly will maintain the looks of your vehicle

I can recommend North offroad to do a very nice job they are in Stockton on Tees