ally tuning ring

dasterdly

hello,

i am sorting out the ariel system on my defender, and wanted to know what the ally tuning ring does thats fitted to the rubber mount, the ring sits between the rubber ariel mount and the top of the ATU box.

its a racal " base,antenna element mk 3 " if it helps and has some sort of tuned circuit in the base.

i am intending to fit a cb radio, and wanted to use the military ariels, the problem i am having seems to be related to a poor groundplane when i fit it to the side arm.

i have an earlier rubber mount on a side arm, and it dosnt have a tuning ring, but it also connects the coax differantly

any ideas ?

cheers...

hello,

i am sorting out the ariel system on my defender, and wanted to know what the ally tuning ring does thats fitted to the rubber mount, the ring sits between the rubber ariel mount and the top of the ATU box.

its a racal " base,antenna element mk 3 " if it helps and has some sort of tuned circuit in the base.

i am intending to fit a cb radio, and wanted to use the military ariels, the problem i am having seems to be related to a poor groundplane when i fit it to the side arm.

i have an earlier rubber mount on a side arm, and it dosnt have a tuning ring, but it also connects the coax differantly

any ideas ?

cheers...

I've run a CB off an ordinary clansman aerial but not that sort so can't help. Asking on EMLRA forum will get you an answer