The Stig

rejo

Ok today maybe I saw the Stig.

I was in Chesterfield on the A38 about 3 o'clock and there was a guy/girl in a red 2 seater whiched looked like a caterham type thing. What caught my attention was that they had a white crash helmet on and a blacked out visor, wierd or what. If it was me I wouldn't of been wearing a crash helmet especially as it was about 20 degrees and not raining.

Cheers

Jo

If it was me I wouldn't of been wearing a crash helmet especially as it was about 20 degrees and not raining.

Did the car have a screen fitted?

Quite a lot of the lotus 7 replica & kit cars have no windscreen which reduces drag but has the disadvantage that your eyes are very vulnerable to road debris; also if you wear spectacles, driving over 25 mph will tend to make them water.

So the solution is a pair of googles or a helmet; a helmet with an opaque visor allows you to drive at excessive speed past speed cameras without being recognised. :ph34r:

d3bd_1.JPG

If it was me I wouldn't of been wearing a crash helmet especially as it was about 20 degrees and not raining.

Did the car have a screen fitted?

Quite a lot of the lotus 7 replica & kit cars have no windscreen which reduces drag but has the disadvantage that your eyes are very vulnerable to road debris; also if you wear spectacles, driving over 25 mph will tend to make them water.

So the solution is a pair of googles or a helmet; a helmet with a opaque visor allows you to drive through speed cameras without being recognied.

d3bd_1.JPG

Sorry to dissapoint but I'm with the New Age Traveller/Hippy as you see quite a lot of Seven drivers with crash helmets and as it is not a leagal requirement like it is on bikes, they are able to use Simpsons etc.