Fitting A Servo on the Clutch

EdF

Rather than go to the expense of having a 90 converted to automatic, I believe it's possible to fit a servo to the clutch as I've seen previous posts a while ago which I can't now find. My wife can't push down an ordinary clutch on a Landy due to two serious left leg injuries, though she can drive our Renault Master nagbox with no problem, which has an 'easy' pedal. Does anyone know how to go about this, please?

Interesting idea. I guess you could just plumb in one of those remote servos though I haven't seen one in a while.

Or maybe it could be adapted to use parts form a Disco, they have a much lighter clutch.

EdF, what year is your Landy? My 110 from -86 has a really hard clutch pedal, while the clutch of my mate's -97 110 300Tdi is very light. I think I've read somewhere that a newer clutch pedal can be installed on an older Landy... :unsure:

I'm hoping to buy a nearly new TD5 90, but we had a 1999 TD5 Disco earlier in the year and a 2001 90 TD5 last year and she couldn't manage either..

Since posting here I found a post on another forum stating that JE Engineering will do this mod., though I dread to think what the price would be. My own preference, money no object, would be an auto box from Ashcrofts, as I hate the long travel, laborious shifting on a 90 and we have an automatic diesel car which is great. We would never go back to a manual box on our main transport and would only tolerate a manual 90 as there's no viable alternative. Where are these remote servo's from, LR90? Thanks to those who have replied so far..

Where are these remote servo's from, LR90? .

Well having been around a bit I recall them as 'upgrades' to Minis and Morris Minors and typically came from the local scrappy when most cars had remote servos. Nice and simple to plumb in and could be mounted wherever you had space.

Might be worth asking in the series forum? Probably still used on some modern cars but I'm sorry I don't know which ones.