Freelander steering wheel

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

Anybody know what the spline sizes are like on a freelander 4 spoke wheel?

one like this:

bd89_1.JPG

would it fit either a Tdi or Td5/early spline in a defender? :unsure::unsure:

remember that will be much deeper than a normal defender wheel as they have the air bag to fit in. will probaby be 2-3" deeper. normal landie wheels are pretty flat. you might want to look for a metro/maestro/montego steering wheel for a smaller leather wheel. they are as flat as a landie wheel, and will fit a 300tdi column. you can also use the centre cap from a vogue alloy to turn an austin/rover/mg wheel into a land rover wheel as it is the same size ad the cover for the nut with the logo.

Guest diesel_jim
D Jim, I ain't being cheeky, but you have no horn.

Never had any complaints before..... :moglite::moglite:

Western: yeah, i wondered about the spline count, i just thought someone on here might have done it. I'm just in the middle of changing the steering column shaft on the new Td5 bulkhead i've just got.

it had the non county/300Tdi 2 spoke "flat front" wheel on it before (well, the shaft.... wheel was missing), so i'm just sticking in an early (or Td5 county) shaft so i can fit my loverrrly leather 4 spoke pre-defender wheel (or a Td5 county if i find one.... or a freelander if it'll fit... :rolleyes: )

• 1 month later...