300TDi noise

I have a 2003 rest of world spec 300TDI, its modified with a bigger turbo and intercooler and also had its head replaced following an exploding radiator incident one year ago - on comparing it to the same vehicle without those mods it is significantly louder and more diesel sounding - any ideas? I have ordered an acoustic kit but was wondering if there is something else I am missing given how quiet the "original" vehicle is

I have a 2003 rest of world spec 300TDI, its modified with a bigger turbo and intercooler and also had its head replaced following an exploding radiator incident one year ago - on comparing it to the same vehicle without those mods it is significantly louder and more diesel sounding - any ideas? I have ordered an acoustic kit but was wondering if there is something else I am missing given how quiet the "original" vehicle is

1st thing to check is valve clearances - the tappets. 2nd would be to check cam and injector pump timing using the timing pins - search for cambelt change on here. Also is the exhaust fully leak proof at the joints, is the exhaust manifold gasket blowing????

ROW spec engines have the acoustic cover. What they don't have on the newer ones is the felt sound insulation lining the inside of the bonnet, I have just ordered one of these for my new 110 as it does make a noticeable difference to the clatter.

Some engines are naturally noisier than others, not sure why. When I bought mine I looked at all the new ones that were in stock at the time and picked the one I wanted based on the cold start noise level of the engine, how the gearbox felt when stone cold and how good the bodywork fit was (some are terrible). Fortunately the best one in all three areas was the colour I wanted so I ended up with what looks like its going to be a good 'un :)