2.5 V 200tdi Clutch?

minivin

Just looking into the details of a V8 conversion plans (much research before commitment to cutting and bashing!), and was just wondering.......

You can get a V8 conversion plate to fit the Series box naturally, and the 200TDI bolts straight onto a series box as well.

So, what I be wondering, if I go down the route of a LT77 from a 200TDi ie short-bell housing, is there differences between the series clutch and TDi clutch since I've seen a flywheel assmbly for fitting to a V8 with a short bellhousing? It say TDi clutch fitment, but wondering whether it's just bog standard series bits, or no difference :rolleyes:

Right............you need the flywheel drilled to take the smaller clutch. You need the clutch plate that is relevant to the gearbox not the engine. If you're gonna run a series box you need a series clutch plate, if you're gonna run an LT77 then you need a 90 clutch plate. Clutch covers so far as I can see are the same. I couldnt see any difference between a series 3 one and a 90 one. (series 2 is totally different).

Other thing you'll need to think about is how to get round the spigot bush problem. I truned down the input shaft form the gearbox and did things that way.

HTH

Jon