greasable spring/chassis bushes

oddballrovers

I assume you are referring to greasable eurathane bushings Ole? If you dont lubricate eurathane bushes upon assembly they squeek and squawk incessantly with suspension movement and will eventually drive you around the bend. After a bit of use, particularly in damp muddy conditions the lubricant will wash away, so having the ability to squeeze some grease into them without dismantling has to be a positive thing. I have personally never had much luck with eurathane bushings of any brand and prefer the genuine Metalastic types.

Can't you have a springworks make you up some main leaves with the correct size eye to allow you to use Orbit Eyes ?

Bill.

I assume you are referring to greasable eurathane bushings Ole? If you dont lubricate eurathane bushes upon assembly they squeek and squawk incessantly with suspension movement and will eventually drive you around the bend. After a bit of use, particularly in damp muddy conditions the lubricant will wash away, so having the ability to squeeze some grease into them without dismantling has to be a positive thing. I have personally never had much luck with eurathane bushings of any brand and prefer the genuine Metalastic types.

Can't you have a springworks make you up some main leaves with the correct size eye to allow you to use Orbit Eyes ?

Bill.

Hi Bill

I have used polyeurathane bushes in my TIC paras and never had strange sounds, but they where also totally gresed in when fitted.

The reason I am digging in to this is because I have watched specially front springs when they are fully compressed, then they have long before that started also to act as a torsional spring in their longitudinal direction, so in order to get some kind of releaf for the spring I thought that either the Orbit Eye wich Alcan Springs make or just some more flexibel bushes would be great.

I can not use a system as IE GON2FAR used to make with a pivoting mounting, I will never get that through MOT here in DK.

In the old days when I went trailing and used Metalistic's I always loosend up the bolts for the event and then tightened them again after and it gave some more travel.

I have called numeros Spring makers and either they can/will not make a larger eye or they do not make the springs them self, but have them sub contracted in the fra east.

Regards

Ole.