back door

rejo

Anybody got a close up picture of the back door locking mechanism, taken the door card off it seems that there should be some kind of spring which keeps the plunger up. Its not the circular spring what is broken as I can still see that its good and the strange thing is that cant find broken levers, springs or bits of plastic in the door inside the door.

Anybody got a close up picture of the back door locking mechanism, taken the door card off it seems that there should be some kind of spring which keeps the plunger up. Its not the circular spring what is broken as I can still see that its good and the strange thing is that cant find broken levers, springs or bits of plastic in the door inside the door.

I don't have a picture, but I have a complete lock mechanism in two bits. Where do you think the spring should be? IIRC when I took this off the donor vehicle, the only thing holding the plunger up, was the force from the lock mechanism itself. There is no spring on the pivot plate (y-shape) that connects directly to the plunger.

I don't have a picture, but I have a complete lock mechanism in two bits. Where do you think the spring should be? IIRC when I took this off the donor vehicle, the only thing holding the plunger up, was the force from the lock mechanism itself. There is no spring on the pivot plate (y-shape) that connects directly to the plunger.

On the "Y" piece there is a hole in end which looks like there should be a spring in it. If I knew how to post a picture with a red circle around the area I mean it would make life a lot easier. The central locking motors goes up and down as should but nothing seams to be keeping the plunger up. It almost feels like its not connected to anything. I can move it up and down with the key but when I use the remote it does nothing. Any clues or am I missing the obvious.

On the "Y" piece there is a hole in end which looks like there should be a spring in it. If I knew how to post a picture with a red circle around the area I mean it would make life a lot easier. The central locking motors goes up and down as should but nothing seams to be keeping the plunger up. It almost feels like its not connected to anything. I can move it up and down with the key but when I use the remote it does nothing. Any clues or am I missing the obvious.

Is what you are talking about in this picture (sorry for the quality, quick webcam image):

gallery_1731_201_66538.jpg

Is what you are talking about in this picture (sorry for the quality, quick webcam image):

gallery_1731_201_66538.jpg

Thats the piece I mean ..... on the y piece pointing towards half past two there is a hole. Should there be something connected there, i.e. a spring or something to help the plunger return to its highest position.

Cheers for the quick responce and photo.

There is a little circular spring inside the main mechanism that is a common failure. Thay can be bought on Ebay for about £4 each. You have to completely remove the lock mechanism from the door (the big bit in the bottom right of the above diagram. When you take it out all will become clear. It is possible to use the spring from the child lock part of the mechanism to replace the broken "pop-up" spring which will cost you nothing but will leave you with a non-functioning child lock on the rear door! I have a couple of latches here if you need a photo of the bit to change.

On the "Y" piece there is a hole in end which looks like there should be a spring in it. If I knew how to post a picture with a red circle around the area I mean it would make life a lot easier.

I will show you on sunday how to not only put red circles around objects but many other colours and shapes too.

Should keep you busy for hours ;)