CSW Event,

TJ101

As some know, Picked up a new to me vehicle last Wednesday

The ex Nick (Tangoman) Walker's Range Rover Bob-tray, after a quick check over, and talking JST into the WB job for the day, had a wet trek over to Ruggerton farm on Sunday morning, for the last round of the CSW events for 2007 (28th Oct)

A newish format from the norm of punch hunting, with a defined route to be followed via tulip diagrams, with a number of special stages and punches along the way, and have a 13.30 finish time

We started 20mins after the first car, and with the wet ground, was hard going, with most other teams still on SS1, so decided to miss that one, and do on the way back, so was now 1st on the route, and showing the way round

With the rain easing, but still the ground very slippery, at around the halfway point, the time limit was reset to 15.30, back at the start, which we made with about 3 mins to spare, after getting round about 2/3rd of the course !!

No real damage, Vehicle suffered one puncture ! bust rear lamp lens, (James fault, whilst removing the ground anchor) snorkel top, ( retrieved by Lewis behind us Thanks !!) WB came off the worst, to go with his mower finger, now has a tree ravaged head !!! blood all over the place !

Thanks to Chris, Nigel & Rick, of CSW, a lot of time & effort put in, and James, for the sterling work of lugging the winch line and anchor all round the site

well as ever the photos doesn't do it justice! Had a good day out, not sure i like that anchor though we need an X-Eng one!

Good truck to play with and some great driving from Tim although i think hes adjusting still to a tdi......

Nick certainly did an outstanding job with vehicle preparation just a shame its not G4 orange!

thanks to CSW for a great day out and to Tim for taking me along.

Sorry forgot to add it was good to catch up with Shrek as well, not seen him for a while. shame they were down on nos.

Good truck to play with and some great driving from Tim although i think hes adjusting still to a tdi......

Not so much the Tdi, although i missed the V8 :blink: but the funny wobbly stick thing, that needs stirring around !! and crawler gear ratios !!

:(

Good luck with it Tim, I'll miss slagging off Walker for his carp driving :lol:

Might get used to it's full potential now :ph34r:

No excuse Les, you can slag mine any time you like, would be a compliment, if i can drive a carp as nick :lol:

Did that snorkel top go back on?

Yep, just clicked back into place,

Certainly for challenge events, the Southdown one must be one of the best, If that had been the Safari one on the hybrid, would be looking at a new top at the very least !!

Thanks for sorting the photos James- computers are not my strong point!! :unsure: (although I did actually manage to reduce them to a sensible size)- As you say the photos never seem to do any justice to just how steep and difficult some of these places actually are- not to mention how smelly!!

TJ101- which ground anchor are you using?- my plate and pins was a waste of space- nearly had to resort to burying the WB... or Frank!! :D (would have needed a sizeable hole!)

Shrek

TJ101- which ground anchor are you using?- my plate and pins was a waste of space- nearly had to resort to burying the WB... or Frank!! :D (would have needed a sizeable hole!)

Shrek

Shrek,, it was one of Devon 4x4's here but must be a early one ?? :unsure: , as James tried to set more that a dozen times, on one of the pulled back into the field, With luck Lewis had the same, but with a bigger blade, so swapped them over, and set first time,

When i get the chance, will speak with Simon, and see if they have been modified ?? Or swap it with Lewis, with his Zuk, he could get away with a small one :lol: Or blag one of Big Si's to try :rolleyes:

Shrek,, it was one of Devon 4x4's here but must be a early one ?? unsure.gif , as James tried to set more that a dozen times, on one of the pulled back into the field, With luck Lewis had the same, but with a bigger blade, so swapped them over, and set first time,

Tim - just bin it and get one of these:

Super Ground Anchor

and loose some weight

off the rangie that is

!

Rick,, have a few that James took, on the office machine, will sent them over when back in, late tomorrow with luck !!

post-14-1193784011_thumb.jpg

Nicked one for your site, hope thats ok :unsure:

All photos gratefully received - loads o' brownie points to those who help out here!!

When you say 'nicked' that's OK.

Regards Rick

Thanks for that guys.

I think even Lewis had trouble with his on SS1... Needless to say it took about 6 attempts at setting mine before it finally sort of held.

The X- eng one looks wicked- not storage friendly but hey??- Anyone got any experience of using one/ had experience of using one in same conditions as a D4X4 one??

I was wondering who you were talking to when you said about needing to loose some weight... I resemble that remark :D

Shrek

SS1 our gnd anchor was cr*p in the end we used the same tree that we used to pull through the Sh*t heap in the hedge line!

SimonR's is int storage friendly but its bloody good and nice and light, i have not used one at the Ruggerton site but it worked well on other Devon Sites.

SimonR's is int storage friendly but its bloody good and nice and light, i have not used one at the Ruggerton site but it worked well on other Devon Sites.

Weight of ground anchor not really an issue as it won't be me dragging it up hill and down dale to set it... surely that it what WB's are for??!! :P - Yes I am already regretting that comment...

The Chrismas list just keeps on growing...

SS1 our gnd anchor was cr*p in the end we used the same tree that we used to pull through the Sh*t heap in the hedge line!

Yep - have to agree with your comment about your ground anchor. I think the farmer was hoping you would sell it to him as it did such a good job of ploughing up the fields. It must have been well irritating for you as it just didn't seem to be able to dig into the ground...

Just goes to show that you almost need a half dozen different ground anchoring methods. I think you need a good mate with a tractor to attach to. I was well impressed watching the tractor grab being used to winch off last Sunday :P

Best regards Rick