fuel issues

pux

Hi Guys, well a week ago while offroading i had a fuel problem where the truck would nearly stall or kangaroo about, so i backed flushed the system to make sure it was not carp in the lines or something similar, changed the filters and cleaned the sediment bowl out, also took the lift pump of to make sure that was doing its job properly which it seems to be.

But today i put my foot down to go up a hill to where i live and it suddenly lost all power then it kicked back in and drove normally :huh: so i decided to go on for a bit and put my foot down again and it happend again :angry:

so any ideas as what it could be???

thanks in advance

ello pux ;)

just a thought , is there any chance this could be a intermittent fault in the electical supply to the

cut off solinoid on the fuel pump or from the relay due to a poor connection ,

i maybe wrong but if it was air or poor fuel supply it would be more of a steady loss then an increase of power ,

were as with the fuel cut off it would be instant (kangaroo action) just a thought :)

i'm just thinking along the lines of your problem seemed to start when you were off roading

and with your motor getting tossed around , good starting point for a poor connection to kick in

only an idea mate

good luck anyway i'll be watching for results :i-m_so_happy: roy

i'm just thinking along the lines of your problem seemed to start when you were off roading

and with your motor getting tossed around , good starting point for a poor connection to kick in

only an idea mate

good luck anyway i'll be watching for results :i-m_so_happy: roy

Cheers Roy, i will keep you informed im going to check all connections tomorrow fingers crossed its a simple connection as im getting bored of flying along then nearly having a nose bleed from nearly hitting the steering wheel :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe all that bumping has knocked the ignition isolator and is causing it to temporarily make contact when driving and accellerating Pux.

mine did the same thing, started doing that then one morning just didnt want to go.

changed all sorts before i pushed the manual ignition isolator reset and it worked a treat..

its behind the washer on the bulkhead on my v8 disco.

Alex