AWDC Round 8 - Slindon

najw

I've started a new thread as it makes its easier for post-event banter.

Firstly results - HERE

Championship tables will be done when I surface in the morning.

Secondly - I am so chuffed - that was a very thick layer of icing on a very yummy cake! :D

To go into a final round with so much to win or lose both overall and in each of the classes really does put a lot of pressure on the organising team, but I think that Slindon is the perfect leveller as it really is man and machine against the elements. For such a small site to be able to keep that number of cars busy for six hours does take some doing.

Huge thanks to the guys from this forum who put their personal politics to one side and came to help out. You did a great job and it really is appreciated.

And most thanks to the Surrey Mafia who are now as much responsible for this as I am.

As for the Bolts, what can you say, after seeing the 2 main championship contenders DNF on the Special Stage, not only did they go on to prove that it could be done within the time limit but they went on to win the event. As Divster said the first time a Standard Class car has won in the history of the event. That deserves some serious credit.

We had a great day despite a few problems with the truck, the hydro steering playing up again, within an hour into the event <_< the ZF pump didn't like the thin JCB hydraulic oil, which resulted in metallic oil and next to no steering :( Big thanks to Gywn who gave us some really helpful advice and suggested using engine oil :o we dumped the oil and filled up with 10w40 and continued with some steering!

The Bolts did amazingly well, just shows that you don’t need Lockers, 3 winches and huge suspension travel to win ;)

As someone forgot to turn off the alarm clock I surfaced somewhat earlier than intended :angry:

As a result final championship results are now posted HERE

In summary

AWDC Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy 2007 winners are

Chris Ould & Simon Roberts :D

Class 1 Top 3

1st Paul Whibley & Tony Blunt

2nd Jonathan Jaques & Jason Johnson

3rd Dan Furniss & Lee Bond

Class 2 Top 3

1st Robert Jones & John Hall

2nd Richard Nicolson & Nik Tall

3rd Steve Lait & Nick Slade

Class 3 Top 3

1st Nicolas Bolt & Chris Bolt

2nd Elwyn Griffths & Ryan Gethin

3rd Carwyn Henry & Mark Pinchen

Well done to the Bolts :D

Well Done to Chris Ould and Simon Roberts for winning the Series :D

Great drive, Have they ever seen Slindon before? If not even better still :D Uncle Buck will be glowing with pride :lol:

Well done to Neil and all his army of helpers for an excellent day out, really enjoyed it.

Alan, What a laugh, thanks for putting up with a very unfit driver pretending to be a co driver for you :lol:

Learnt loads (Like no front locker with a three link don't work in ruts :lol: ), and it was great to get to play with other kit and try different styles.

And to actually attend an event were Adrian Turner finished.............Well i feel honoured :lol::P

Always great to see lots of people and put names to faces. Just a shame there was not much time to have decent chat.

Jim :)