Galvanising Sankey body

edwardatherton

I am about to put a new tub on my Sankey, and a few people have said that I should get it galvanised first.

Does anyone have any idea on likely cost, and where in the Manchester/Lancashire area to get it done?

I carry all sorts in it, is the galv likely to get rubbed off/scratched etc?

Don't know about where but they charge by kg used and amount of prep work. Probably £200 or so.

Galvanising is pretty durable and small scratches will self repair to an extent, deep gouges will rust unless you slap some galvafroid on. If you're over painting you will have to T wash and etch prime.

Lot of trouble to go to, they rot from the inside due to drain holes blocking and tub filling with water, keep them clear and it should be OK.

Guest diesel_jim
Don't know about where but they charge by kg used and amount of prep work. Probably £200 or so.

shouldn't be that much, i got a whole 110 chassis done with some crossmembers and it came to £219.

they charge it by weight... they weigh the item prior to dipping, then afterwards, the difference in weight is how much zinc is stuck to it.