Not sure where to put this one ? Ref Disks and Calipers

I have just purchased what was sold to me as a 1993 K plate disco rear Axel, I have no reason to doubt this apart from someone saying it looked like a RRC rear Axel, is there any way I can check?

Secondly the reason for the change is to get disk brakes on the rear of my Defender, now the disks / calipers that came with it don't look to good, but I do have a 1982 RRC axel with new disks pads and good calipers on, can I just swap these over, will they fit straight on? or do I need to buy new ones?

Mark.

I have just purchased what was sold to me as a 1993 K plate disco rear Axel, I have no reason to doubt this apart from someone saying it looked like a RRC rear Axel, is there any way I can check?

Secondly the reason for the change is to get disk brakes on the rear of my Defender, now the disks / calipers that came with it don't look to good, but I do have a 1982 RRC axel with new disks pads and good calipers on, can I just swap these over, will they fit straight on? or do I need to buy new ones?

Mark.

Disco and RR use the same axle... was one of 117 shared parts I think.....

Ian

Hi Mark,

Are the Shockie brackets facing in the same direction?

I have just bought a K plate RR axle for my 90, if you need me to compare anything let me know.

PS I will be heading away fr ra couple of days tomorrow but will look tonight if you need anything clarified or pictures taken

Cheers

G

On the Disco axle, what do the ends of the halfshats looklike? If they look the same as the ones on the Rangie axle and havd 14mm head bolts in, then it should be imperial. If the ends of the shafts are much shallower and have 17mm head bolts then it is a metric axle.

hth

Mark