No revs!

Mikey

My mate has a problem with his 300TDi Auto with EDC. The other morning he started the engine and let it run for several minutes then turned it off, 10 minutes later when he tried to drive away the engine will hardly rev at all, vehicle just crawls very slowly. On looking under the bonnet it can be seen that the inlet rubber hose connected to the manifold seems to be sucking in on itself when trying to rev. This suggests to me that there is a partial blockage somewhere "upstream". Don't know if it's somewhere in the airflow sensor/turbo/inter-cooler area. Anyone have any suggestions at all.

Or maybe it's something completely different.

Any ideas what to try/check folks?

It'll be that pipe, don't worry about other possibilities until you have checked that, because 99% you won't have to worry about other possibilities ;)

I love confidence. His Disco is stuck at work, so we will check it out tonight (night shift).

Thanks to you both.