Noisy (expletive deleted)

LR Defender 90 here with a Rover V8, that the previous owner thoughtfully fitted with a nice Cherry Bomb.

Noisy as fook ! Or to put it another way - earplugs a must.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably quiet, but hopefully not too restrictive (or expensive), silencer to use instead ? The system is pretty much bespoke, so it's just a box I need.

Would like to keep a nice burble, but not this screamer. Anyone ? Thanks in advance :)

Wander round the local exhaust wholesalers with a tape measure, or find a custom exhaust place and get them to stick a silencer on.

Thanks, would have thought the stuff I get in Kwik Fit etc would be a little on the restrictive side, not looking to strangle the poor thing ? Maybe that won't be an issue however and I'm being overly protective... If anyone has an online source for something hopefully a little more 'suitable', that would be great thanks :)

300 tdi is big bore and a reasonable fit with a bit of cuttin n shuttin.

Or

If you wait for a short while there wil be a complete V8 Janspeed system (inc Tubular Headers to tailpipe) up for sale soon :)

Nige

Ooh. Me likey :)

Let me know when please.