A quick Jolly on a Ladoga Trail

CosZuki

Well to celebrate Finnish Independence day i was invited to join some if the In Team on a Safari in Russia, well it used to be Finland pre second world war.

as always things didnt start so well with the time alotted for the few adjustments before we left being stolen by the car decidng to stop charging and having a dead battery, always nice especially on a motorway slip road :o

Anyhoo after no sleep as always we were off on the wednesday. and just to please you all yes i was the first to get stuck in the Suzuki, entering our first camping spot :rolleyes: a simple ditch crossing and i cross axled myself, in my defence i had only slept a few hours in the last two days and it was dark and snow covered with me being extra cautious as had never had the Zuk so filled offroad before.

Anyhoo i know it pictures you are all after so here are a few

The expedition team was a fair old mix, Disco, 90, Rangey, 2 landcruisers (these were the best thing by far i can say for this) a 6x6 volvo and my little SWB Samurai

IMG_9307.jpg

The start of the trail

IMG_9308.jpg

A Few KM down the road

IMG_9327.jpg

A very rare sight indeed, Kai's LC needing some TLC, The PAS bearing had seized

IMG_9326.jpg

A Gun emplacement, Guns are gone but the mounts inside still al move fine

IMG_9344.jpg

When the big feller sinks, he sinks!

IMG_9363.jpg

After scampering off through the tree's i turned back to help the stuck 90, who proceeded to sink me also. The ground is really soft under the top layer

IMG_9437.jpg

This was fun to drive many KM's of ice, when you stopped the car slid sideways til it hit the edge, its just sheet ice it sure sharpens the mind and keeps you focused

IMG_9516.jpg

Things that make you go bump in the night, yes we drove this on a night safari after we set up camp, then we came back and drove over it again

IMG_9405.jpg

ANyhoo gotta run but hope that keeps you going for the now

The offending belt was removed till we reached camp and the bearings were removed lubed and refitted with all things well again, I guess Roope got brakes done he came in atricked up disco bus, this was nearly my chariot but the Zuk pulled through despite dropping to three cylinders at one point, a quick richening on the carb sorted that out. As for Kai's glovebox i have seen a couple of multispring bouncers and several foo foo valves in there so i think it really does have everything in there!