which battery

pux

Hi guys im after getting a new battery for my 300tdi discovery, i do run a winch and a couple of spotlights etc etc the problem being i cant afford to splash out £199 on a optima yellow top or red top battery, so does anyone know of a cheaper but just as good battery suited to my needs :D any help appreciated.

Just make sure you get a sensible battery, or if you can fit one on the other side on the rad as all it needs it a link to the other battery. from the other thread running i think you'll be after a 072 type battery as the tray on the discovery is a bit small.

Just make sure you get a sensible battery, or if you can fit one on the other side on the rad as all it needs it a link to the other battery. from the other thread running i think you'll be after a 072 type battery as the tray on the discovery is a bit small.
emm i can't really go down that route as where you would locate the second battery there is the home made snorkel coming up through into the front of the air box :o:rolleyes: but cheers for the info i wqas going to post on that thread but did not want to hi jack it.

Another option would be a Deka Intimidator. Same basic AGM construction as an Optima, but uses flat plates instead, so it's a brick instead of a six-pack. All the benefits of the Optima (vibration proof, no spill, no maintenance, deep cycle, high CCA, etc), but slightly higher energy density and significantly cheaper (at least in Oz). I researched the same thing about a year ago and was going to spend the big bucks on the Optima and then found out about the Deka. Yep, I got one... No problems at all, very happy with it. Fits in the standard hole and is rated to a very conservative 750+CCA - enough to drive a Warn 9000 pounder easy. I've seen independent tests where these things punch out well over 1,000 Cranking Amps at 0 deg C (32 deg F).

Specs here.. I fitted the 9A34 model.

http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/assets/base/1143.pdf

post-3160-1198305365_thumb.jpg

post-3160-1198305389_thumb.jpg