Roll Bar / Cage

TripTrick

Hi,

Since my little Accident, I been thinking of changing my LR back to a Pick Up. (PUP) as my better half will probably never go 4x4ing with me after I put the LR on her roof anyway.

The Landy has no Roof now as I took the canopy off as it is a bit bent out of shape... Not too bad but enough to peeve me off.

I have also removed the window sections from the doors and she actually looks pretty nice withought the window sections, might leave those off aswell...

So I am wondering if anyone has plans / suggestions / advise for a roll bar or Roll Cage for a Pickup?

Once I get the Cage Built, I can send her in to get a canvas top made that will pull over the roll cage thus enclosing her again should I want to go on longer trips.

Was also wondering about safety belts... Do I get Seats with Cross Belts built in and ensure they are bolted down well or do I install standard Seat Belts?

Thanks

by seats with cross belts built in... do you mean, the belt is attached to the seat?

or the belt goes through the holes in the back and bolts to the bulkhead?

i advise a good set of *comfy* bucket seats and then a 3 point harness if you dont intend to do anyting too extreme.

and when i say comfy, find one you think is REALLY comfy then buy the more expensive/high quality one because bucket seats hurt your arse on long journeys.

Depends, I decided against bucket seats as they're a PITFA to get in & out of and not usually very comfy. Likewise harnesses, getting in & out of the truck every 5 minutes at a site day I'd get fed up with them very quickly.

Got some Exmoor trim refurb standard seats which are nice & comfy, bolt in, are easily replaced, and fold down.

Is your 109 a CSW? If so your soft-top idea may take a bit more doing - that said I've seen a very well done one and it looked the business.

Yes the belts that are attached to the seat.

But now with the replies I got, It seems very uncomfortable. Especially to the few 4x4 days I have been to, one is in and out of the truck to view and walk the obstacle so bucket type seats with 3 pount harness could be painful.

Will see if there is mounting points in the Pick up cab when I get my hands on one. then just install normal ones. Thanks for the help.

Is my 109 a CSW? Sorry for the ignorance but what does CSW stand for? :unsure::ph34r:

CSW = County Station Wagon, or 5-door in normal speak :P

Bucket seats do not have the belt attached to the seat, in fact they have to run out to somewhere at head height behind the seat, or run down at an angle to the floor behind the seat. This takes up loads of space or is just tricky unless you have a truck cab, this is partly why I stopped thinking about bucket seats / harnesses in my 109 because I had nowhere to mount the harnesses unless I lost the rear seats or added a big bar across behind the front seats.

Just to give you an idea:

SPSMnt3.gif

CSW = County Station Wagon, or 5-door in normal speak :P

Bucket seats do not have the belt attached to the seat, in fact they have to run out to somewhere at head height behind the seat, or run down at an angle to the floor behind the seat. This takes up loads of space or is just tricky unless you have a truck cab, this is partly why I stopped thinking about bucket seats / harnesses in my 109 because I had nowhere to mount the harnesses unless I lost the rear seats or added a big bar across behind the front seats.

Just to give you an idea:

SPSMnt3.gif

Thanks for the CSW info....

Yes it is a Station Wagon but only a 3 Door.

Thanks for the Safty belt info, I see what is meant, I think it will be too much of a mission... I will get my PUP Cab and install normal belts... Then get someone to build a really good Roll Bar.

Thanks alot to all for the assistance...