How easy.........(No. 3)

Got a cubby on the way (as a choose yourself some christmas presents option - see, she does like my land rover!)....

Is it just a case of unbolting the centre front seat and bolting the box in its' place?

erm yes, remove centre seat rails and seat belt. Attach cubby box by bolting through to removeable panel beneath centre seat.

It might be that in standard form its too low for you to rest your arm on (if thats what you want to do).

If this is the case you can always get some steel square/rectangular section and bolt through this to raise the box up.

I have seen self tapping screws used, but IMHO bolts are better and should last longer (esp with some penny washers).

I have the mobile storage one which has a radio mounted at the front, so raised mine up to help with elbow and give more space for the wires.

Got a cubby on the way (as a choose yourself some christmas presents option - see, she does like my land rover!)....

Is it just a case of unbolting the centre front seat and bolting the box in its' place?

You have to remove the centre seat base, then remove the alli plate below.

Remove the four bolts holding the seat in and remove the seat (keep the bolts nearby you will need them).

Most cubby boxes sit on mounting plinths. Mark the alli panel using the plinths as template. Align the cubby box first so you know it's in the right place. Some boxes stick forward so check to see if it gets in the way of the transferbox on earlier Defenders.

Drill the four holes for the plinths in the alli plate.

Fit the four seat bolts back in to block the holes up, otherwise you will get a draft ;)

Secure the plinths to the alli plate and fasten the alli plate back into place.

Screw the cubbybox to the plinths.

Your done.

For that extra plush finish, find a carpet tile and either cut around the box, or screw the plinths thru the tile to get extra sound proofing.

So easy, even I managed to do it B)