Galvanising

tommi

Guest diesel_jim
Hi

How much should I expect to pay to have a 90 chassis galvanised?

Can anyone reccomend a good place in the midlands?

Thanks, Tom.

I had my 110 chassis done recently. and it's heavy as it's an ex military armoured jobbie, so lots of extra plating welded over it, plus ihad the geabox crossmember and the station wagon body crossmember done at the same time.

total cost: £209

done by wessex galvanisers in Eastleigh, Southampton. but they've got depots all around....

They're part of the "wedge galvanizing group", depot in Willenhall too!

Guest diesel_jim

After thinking about what i just typed, it's not really the initial weight that makes the cost, it's the difference between "before" and "after" weights, as thats the about of zink used.

so a 110 chassis being longer than a 90, it'll be less, but not that much i don;t suppose. i think my old 90 i had done back in 2000 costs about £160, add a bit for inflation, say £180 or so?

I use Edward Howell (wedge group) in willenhall for larger components. They do a very good job, their cost at the moment is £260 per tonne plus a 36.25% zinc surcharge plus a further 3.5% enviromental surcharge. I had 380kg (total weight once galved) done last week which cost £138+vat. So would think it would cost £80-£110 to galv your chassis.

I use Edward Howell (wedge group) in willenhall for larger components. They do a very good job, their cost at the moment is £260 per tonne plus a 36.25% zinc surcharge plus a further 3.5% enviromental surcharge. I had 380kg (total weight once galved) done last week which cost £138+vat. So would think it would cost £80-£110 to galv your chassis.

we use edward howell (willenhall) and i was quoited for my 90 chassis would be 125 notes all in as long as i grilled the drainage points.

Daz