Defender 90

JW90

jammed as in won't pull at all?

if it pulls but the bonnet doesn't lift

get a thin piece of wood under the bonnet edge pull the release and lever the wood gentley upwards,, if this works you need to grease the pin inside the spring that holds the bonnet down.

if the cable is bust remove the grill and look for the release arm the cable is connected to and lever it over towards the drivers side with a screwdriver or similar

Edited by white90

jammed as in won't pull at all?

if it pulls but the bonnet doesn't lift

get a thin piece of wood under the bonnet edge pull the release and lever the wood gentley upwards,, if this works you need to grease the pin inside the spring that holds the bonnet down.

if the cabe is bust remove the grill and look for the release arm the cable is connected to and lever it over towards the drivers side with a screwdriver or similar

Thank-you for your response.

The cable release is jammed, no movement is possible.

Ahh John,, nice of you to join us!! to the others,, JW90 is the new owner of my previous trusted stead !!! :o

More or less as White90 says,, have you tried pulling, whilst someone lift/pull the bonnet up ??

off the subject,, I thought you were away this week,

Regards Tim

Ahh John,, nice of you to join us!! to the others,, JW90 is the new owner of my previous trusted stead !!! :o

More or less as White90 says,, have you tried pulling, whilst someone lift/pull the bonnet up ??

off the subject,, I thought you were away this week,

Regards Tim

Thank-you Tim I will ring you later

Regards

John