2.5 td cam belt advice

hi all. just wondering if you could chuck some more advice my way :blink:

just looking through the history of the 1991 110 i bought and i cant see the last time the cam belt was changed..... so i am assuming it needs doing now rather than later... is it a hard job on these?

anyone had one done in the portsmouth area and know how expensive it is to have a garage carry it out ...i do alot of my own work but always shy away from cam belts :huh:

i have now ordered the kit .... so when it arrives i have found someone experianced the the mystery's of belt fitting :lol: :lol: so i should be able to relax more next week when the new belt is in and done

thanks all for your advice... most helpful i can tell you..... i know when i am beaten and that helped me decide to get it done and not attempt it myself ;)

i have now ordered the kit ....

If you ordered the kit from Paddocks, note that it does not include the water pump gasket - you can r&r the timing cover with the pump in situ but you won't be able to wiggle the belt out/in from behind the pump inlet (unless the civvy pumps are different...?)

As noted in Les's write-up, no sense doing the belt without doing the crank seal and front cover seal too.

If you ordered the kit from Paddocks, note that it does not include the water pump gasket - you can r&r the timing cover with the pump in situ but you won't be able to wiggle the belt out/in from behind the pump inlet (unless the civvy pumps are different...?)

As noted in Les's write-up, no sense doing the belt without doing the crank seal and front cover seal too.

i ordered it from island 4x4 mate....comes complete with the gaskgets .....i did order the crank seal too ;) ...might aswell have the lot done....wont need to doing for a while then :D