p38 not set display

shaune

Hi all

my p38 has suddenly started playing up. when i turn the ignition on various fault displays come up, such as left hand window not set, ring hand not set etc, also says eas fault and all four of the height display lights are permantly on.

does any one have any idea what this may be

thanks

shaun

As Andy says, a load of spurious faults is a good sign of a battery on the way out. The BECM's are not tolerable to low battery voltages. Lift the bonnet and check what you are getting across the poles of your battery.

Cheers

Steve

I agree, it sounds like a low battery voltage caused the problems.

The windows are easy to set, just open en close them, holding the button at each extreme untill the dash beeps.

For the EAS error, you'll have to get that reset with a testbook I'm afraid. There is DIY procedure, but it's not easy.

When you check the battery, do this with both the engine off, running at idle and at 1500-2000 rpm so you know the alternator is charging OK as well.