A couple of Diesely type musings.....

fruity

Just wondering if anyone knows....

Is there any reason why you couldn't fit a Tdi300 turbo and exhaust manifold to a TDi200 disco engine?

and

Would there be any benifit, either in terms of cooling or flow in fitting a Td5 intercooler instead of a Tdi200 item?

TIA,

Jonathan.

Is there any reason why you couldn't fit a Tdi300 turbo and exhaust manifold to a TDi200 disco engine?

and

Would there be any benifit, either in terms of cooling or flow in fitting a Td5 intercooler instead of a Tdi200 item?

TIA,

Jonathan.

Nah what you really really want is one of them blingy, shiny alisport jobbies

you don't find them lying around very often though. :ph34r:

and

TIA,

Jonathan.

Why not fit a better turbo (than the one on 300Tdi) to the 200Tdi manifold. And a better intercooler.

Maybe I should have been a little bit clearer.

I've inhereted both as "used but good" items.

'Cos I've fitted a Tdi200 disco engine to the 100" (which is, for the purpose of this excercise, a defender) the "fruity-built" exhaust downpipe runs very close to the nearside footwell, making it "a snadge loud" in the cab.

Using the 300 turbo would move the downpipe quite a way forward which would hopefully help things a bit, if it's a reasonably straight swap.

Re: the Td5 intercooler - as it was free, I just wondered if there would be any advantage, either in terms of airflow, cooling, or any other good reason anyone could think of, in fitting it while I'm buggering about.

Re: the Td5 intercooler - as it was free, I just wondered if there would be any advantage, either in terms of airflow, cooling, or any other good reason anyone could think of, in fitting it while I'm buggering about.

The Td5 intercooler is bigger than the Tdi one and therefor will offer more cooling than the Tdi. It does have the disadvantage, IIRC, that the inlet is on one end and the outlet on the other meaning that one needs a pipe crossing back acrodd the engine bay. Not difficult but more complicated and unsightly than, for example, an Alisport one. Being free however would make the difference to me and I would work around the problems. :)

SimonR fitted one to his old 110 with 200Tdi shortly before it went terminal. There was some suggestion that it was interferance with the fuelling/boost that was responsible.

Chris