wire colour

landybehr

Hi,

I try to figure out why there are two white-green wires going to the back of the instrument pod (to the printed circuit, i.e. the r/h one of the two clamp/yaw-like connectors when looking from behind).

According to http://www.dimebank.com/tech/LucasColours.html that colour has to do with: "Fuel pump no 2 or left-hand to changeover switch".

Don´t know how much sense it makes.

Any idea would be welcome !

(I´ve spread to question to be in this forum, presuming that not everybody "who knows" is in the RRC forum regularly)

Sorry,

I´ve expelled the details by mistake :) Thought the wiring were universal.

Well, the end of the loom I try to understand is from a late-hard-dash Range Rover Classic. I´d say a 1993MY.

Engine is supposed to be the 3.9V8. (loom end with instrument pod came from ebay). Certainly standard car before being disassembled.

:unsure:

Do we guess you have a Classic Range Rover? What year?

Which engine is fitted (and is it of the original type)?

OK, the thought behind my question was that if you have the RAVE CD, with the wiring diagrams in PDF style, then it's relatively easy to use the Search / Find function within Adobe, setting it to look for every instance of WG, the abbreviation for White/Green.

The RAVE CD covers the '95 version of the Classic, but this is probably the same in most respects as the '93, so the idea still works. I had a quick look before posting my previous comment and could see there are White/Green wires associated with the EFI engine, but wanted to check I was in the right ball park before spending more time on it.

You will understand that I have no experience with the Classic RR, but I can read a wiring diagram, and there happens to be one on my RAVE discs.

(Look in the Tech Archive for details of obtaining your own).

I've just completed the trawl through, and there are no White/Green wires terminating on the Instrument panel, whether the engine is a V8 or TDi, so I think you will have to find a different wiring diagram. I don't know if the Tech Archive has links to information about earlier cars, but as an alternative try http://pdftown.com/search/node/range+rover and pick the Range Rover 1970 - 1985 Repair Operation Manual.

Or someone else can chime in.

Hi,

no. Not light-green. Was my first thought, too. But the loom end offers both colours to look at, definately standard=dark-green.

The colour assignment that Rave CD gave is quite different to mine. I wonder if the ´95 model has sth. to do with the soft-dash models.

Well, my colouring is

C221:

1 - BS

2 - BY

3 - GW

4 - LG-K

5 - UO

6 - B

7 - GR

8 - YB

9 - BW

10- BK (K=pink, P is purple I think)

C222

1 - WS

2 - WG >>> ???

3 - ---

4 - BP

5 - GB

6 - WN

7 - NY

8 - WG >>> ???

9 - GY

10- GU

That counts for the Instument pod that has an individual indicator light for "<=" and "=>". This differs, mainly in the wires to the C221 in the first 3. wire assignment to another setup, where there is only on light "<=>", like with the earlier RRC with the mechanical speedo.

My 1987 RRC 3.5 EFI has:-

WG for diode pack pin 5 to fuel pump relay.

WG for aircon water temp sender to condenser relay.

WLG for ign. switched supply for all things front and rear wiper and screen wash related.

WLG for aircon Aux. switched supply to fan speed switch.

None of this goes anywhere near the dash binnacle.

Steve

Hi,

found an answer. But only after a finding a Elect.TroubleshootingManual for the RRC.

White-Green is a 12Volt supply being active with ign.lock in position II and III. It comes directly from one fuse.

(as there are 2 wires of WG coming to this one connector (called "C2" in that book), the second wire at pin No.2 position might have sth to do with an warning-lights-check-function that illuminates them briefly after startup to prove they´re working. I conclude that from the pathways of the printed circuit. But can be wrong).