Windshield resealing

wolfieroc

Ye Olde Glazing Putty and silicon sealant. If you have a somewhat well established autoglass shop around you, they ought to be able to flog you some generic rubber seating stuff. Then you go round with the grouting seal and it becomes water-tight(ish), just like new.

The glass is sealed with mastic rather than gaskets. I've used petrol or white spirit to soften the old stuff to remove the window.

I used silicone sealant to set the new glass in.

Thanks to both posts for the input, I will follow the tips and see what I end up with.

When I rebuilt my S1 winscreen I had the same problem as you. Someone from the S1 club recommended roof and gutter sealant (black gloop in a tube). It worked very well.

Les.

Thanks Les, it is somthing I need to take care of. The truck is now in storage(winter in NE US) since it will not fit in my garages but in the spring/summer/fall rain I don't want the water on the inside of the bulkhead, bulkhead rails etc. Thanks for the input.