hand painting my truck

Gromit

personaly i would just go to a motor factors, get a frew rattle cans of grey primer and then a few colour matched to your current blue.

rub the doors down with a scotchbrite pad, pane wipe it (could even use petrol) and then just spray.

Take 3" brush from shed. Beat with hammer a few times to soften it up.

Jon

Don't you know that is what old brake fluid is for? Makes wonderful dead brush renovator or even paint remover. You need a bit of patience though, which doesn't seem to be your strength :)

You can get a spray kit for less than £100 and cheap compressors are about (that reminds me Guy still has one of mine)

I'm doing up a S11 and I've been spraying it in my back garden(obviusly it needs to be a nice day and not too lat in the day) , Its not perfect but it wasn't a perfect job when if left Solihull. :)

Its easy to spray normal colours and I've been using the LR paints from that chap at the shows and tinning it down a little to go through a spray gun.