EAS Swap....

Bowie69

My Rangie is probably going to go to the great scrapyard in the sky in a months time, or to someone for a project ;) So I am looking around at other Rangies (Sorry but I like them even if they are a bit big) and have seen a local 1994 Range with EAS on it, not sure if it is working properly atm, but even if it is, I will probably take it off and swap to the 2" lift set of shocks and springs I have on my current Rangie.

I know I will probably need some sort of spring plate for the bottom and that the front shock is in a different place... but anyone BTDT? The only info I can find on the net is the full kits, which include the springs -which I don't need of course!

Also, would it be easy/possible to relocate the front damper back inside the coils spring? Or is this not advisable!? I get the impression I might need to swap the front shockers to something different otherwise, as they are at an angle and would need to be a different rate, and possibly a different fitting...

Anyway, enough hypothesising, a list of bits needed / tips from people that are in the know would be lovely :) :)

Cheers,

Bowie.

Is there any need to relocate the front shock.

I ran them as twins for a little while but it was so hard I took them off.

You will need to buy a pair of turret or such like if you chose not to use the original mounts( there is no reason why you need to change from the original Air mounts.

the spring plates are easy it just means you don't have captive nuts like a normal one that's all.

My LSE has OME shocks and springs not the Air. (I liked the ride of the air but the previous owner had already removed it.)

I know! I know! Distance is the killer, at least 3.5 hours away for me, and a Rangie I would not trust to get me there and back right atm :(

Not got a second car atm, so looking to get something I can start prepping, but drive, while I have a month of MOT left on this one.... I think that's a sound plan... but you never know... I migth ring you up in weeks time begging :P

I noticed you have it on Ebay now as well -good luck with it!