Pacet fan thermostat

61a

About 18 months ago I replaced the viscous fan on my 1996 300tdi with a Pacet electric one. All went well apart from fitting the capilary thermostat into the top hose which continued to weep a bit despite several efforts to seal it up. Finally a bit of silicone and a big screw driver on the jubilee clip solved the problem. Its now decided to leak again and rather than fiddle with the thing again I am considering fitting an electric version into the top hose which is made by Pacet for about £60 .

Has anyone else come up with a good way of solving this problem ?

The other thing I was wondering was whether its possible to fit an electic sensor into the top of the thermostat housing. The plug unscrews to reveal what looks like a 3/4 inch thread and would be a much neater solution. Is this an option and if so does anyone know the suitable part number ?

Jules

Thanks again for the advice. I fitted the X-eng temperature sensor over the weekend and no longer leave puddles of coolant on the drive! An excellent modification and a very straight forward installation.

Jules