Questions about seat replacement & seat trim types

Hi,

it looks like I have found a 110 and have some questions regarding the seats.

It currently has 2 seats in the front, 3 middle seats and nothing in the back. they are all in Techno cloth.

My first mod will be to replace the middle seats with high backs and fit a 3 point in place of the lap belt so the kids are safe, and at some stage to get seats in the back, either benches to start with or ultimately fold down forward facing (if the bank account can manage it).

Seeing as this only leaves the two front seats, is it worth going for a different trim, maybe half leather or something else?

Does anyone have any pictures of the different trims or any preferences? Is the techno cloth a nice trim (I can't remember what it looked like) or do most people just get seat covers?

Also has anyone installed a 3 point belt on the middle seat and is this easy to do? Foleys were wanting £250 to do it. :o

thanks,

/mad

My first mod will be to replace the middle seats with high backs and fit a 3 point in place of the lap belt so the kids are safe, and at some stage to get seats in the back, either benches to start with or ultimately fold down forward facing (if the bank account can manage it).

Also has anyone installed a 3 point belt on the middle seat and is this easy to do? Foleys were wanting £250 to do it. :o

thanks,

/mad

What you are asking is impossible. Impossible is a word I do not understand but it is impossible.

Are you aware that you can fit Defender front seats into that middle row ??

Not that difficult. I've seen it done by one of the overland preparation people. I wouldn't call them a specialst now that I've seen their work.

mike

What you are asking is impossible. Impossible is a word I do not understand but it is impossible.

Are you aware that you can fit Defender front seats into that middle row ??

Not that difficult. I've seen it done by one of the overland preparation people. I wouldn't call them a specialst now that I've seen their work.

mike

Mike,

I'm confused. Which bit is impossible? Is it fitting a 3 point belt?

Also interested about the front seats in the middle. That would save a fair bit of cash as they seem to be a lot cheaper. Has anyone done this and got a guide/pictures?

/mad

Mike,

I'm confused. Which bit is impossible? Is it fitting a 3 point belt?

Also interested about the front seats in the middle. That would save a fair bit of cash as they seem to be a lot cheaper. Has anyone done this and got a guide/pictures?

/mad

Robbed off another forum -

I fitted the three front seats from my 110 CSW in the second row, and then put Rover 200 half leather seats in the front instead. I used the original middle row frames, bolted a large piece of chequerplate to it, with holes for the seat belts to pass through at the back, then bolted the seats to this.

I was left with comfy (if you like LR front seats, which I do, the Rover ones ended up a little too high), reclining and sliding second row seats. Of course, unless you have them knocking about this is a very expensive way to do it, almost any other car seat will be cheaper than a LR one to buy!!

The whole thing was tidied up after this photo was taken, with the seats being lowered and the chequerplate added.

Techno trim is the chequerplate lookalike, have it in my CSW and looks good. I replaced my middle row with Exmoor seats, 2 highback plus a lowback in the middle. Also fitted the kit tha shifts the backs by 75mm for more leg room. If I'd had more time and the facilities I would probably have gone down a different route.

Have the black Logo trim seats in my 101 which looks good. Exmoor Trims site has examples of each type I think.