Sankey Trailer Question

JonJon

THe Sankey probably hasn't got auto reverse brakes? Or if they have then the auto reverse bit isn't working or is seized.

I have a Sankey but when mine did that I engineered a permanent solution in about 2 min that involved a set of bolt croppers :ph34r:

Probably needs to be moved to the Military forum

They are laughing at you (and not the trailer) because you're supposed to get out and lock the trailer's break (drop a pin in a hole) before reversing. Then remove the pin when you're done maneuvering. The Sankey doesn't have auto-locking brake for reversing (unless someone modified it).

P.S. BogMonster was faster ...

THe Sankey probably hasn't got auto reverse brakes?

I have a Sankey but when mine did that I engineered a permanent solution in about 2 min that involved a set of bolt croppers :ph34r:

Probably needs to be moved to the Military forum

Thanks! I'll post it there now. (But what did you do with the bolt-croppers?)

They are laughing at you (and not the trailer) because you're supposed to get out and lock the trailer's break (drop a pin in a hole) before reversing. Then remove the pin when you're done maneuvering. The Sankey doesn't have auto-locking brake for reversing (unless someone modified it).

P.S. BogMonster was faster ...

It's obvious they were laughing at me, but it's not obvious where I put the pin. Maybe I can't see it for staring!