Spencer Reconditioned 300tdi

keithjh

Hi All,

A friend is after a new engine for his 300tdi, i suggested Turners but he came up with a company called Spencer Recons who advertise on eblag, now i know nothing about them, but looking at their ad they seem to be about 30% cheaper than Turners. So before he spends his hard earned cash has a anyone any experience or know anything about Spencers, located in Bradford i think.

Regards

Keith

know nothing about Spencers, but have used McDonalds Land Rover Engines a couple of times and each time they have been pretty good.

Mcdonalds Land Rover Engines

Used Turners for Jens Disco engine. They did a top job, but it cost top money too. McDonalds say they use OE stuff so there shouldn't be an issue with quality.

Turners are a professional company with a heritage and repuation, if they could do their rebuilds for 30% less do you think they might ?

Basically if its 30% less than turners who prob set the std in terms of qulaity on DDfs (:P)

then expect at least a 30% inferior job, parts, labour, care (delete as appropraite)

Heard nothing on spencers, have heard a few things about McDonalds, none good - for example - http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...amp;hl=McDonald

FWIW I would say repuation and customer satisfaction play a big part, pay or save and spend the extra with Turners - get a proper job

Nige

Turners are a professional company with a heritage and repuation, if they could do their rebuilds for 30% less do you think they might ?

Basically if its 30% less than turners who prob set the std in terms of qulaity on DDfs (:P)

then expect at least a 30% inferior job, parts, labour, care (delete as appropraite)

Heard nothing on spencers, have heard a few things about McDonalds, none good - for example - http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...amp;hl=McDonald

FWIW I would say repuation and customer satisfaction play a big part, pay or save and spend the extra with Turners - get a proper job

Nige

I totally agree with you, but i said i would ask around, i purchased a stripped engine from Turners a few years ago and its absolutely superb, never had a problem and its done 100,000 now so i would use them again myself. I will pass the comments on

Regards

Keith