Airbag (SRS) warning light faulty

Mikey

I recently had to remove some fuses from my Disco 1 to check for an electrical problem, the problem was eventually solved but since then the SRS light is constantly on. Could this be caused by the fuse being disturbed or is it just a coincidence. (I notice that the relevant fuse has a yellow plastic guard over it) have I messed something up by removing/replacing the fuse? maybe the system has to be re-armed or something.

I believe even just removing the battery can trigger the srs warning light, it's one of the more annoying "features" unfortunately you can only reset the light by taking it somewhere with a computer to plug in.

Once plugged in they can reset it, if it doesn't go out they can tell you what the fault is.

Independent places will charge around £30, Dealers charge £50-£60

I believe even just removing the battery can trigger the srs warning light, it's one of the more annoying "features" unfortunately you can only reset the light by taking it somewhere with a computer to plug in.

Once plugged in they can reset it, if it doesn't go out they can tell you what the fault is.

Independent places will charge around £30, Dealers charge £50-£60

Thanks for the reply. I guess that is why the air-bag fuse has an extra cover on it. My fault for taking the fuse out. doh!

I believe even just removing the battery can trigger the srs warning light

Doesn't do it on mine. I have taken the battery off a number of times and it does not affect the SRS light. However, with the SRS it is better to take it to an independant and get it plugged in.

Rgds

Ivan

Taking the battery off doesn't automatically trigger the SRS light as Ivan said, but what sotal said is also right - once the system detects a fault, it won't automatically reset due to the SRS being a safety system, it has to be plugged into a computer. The classic mistake is to take the airbag off to centre the steering wheel after work on the steering, and then go for a drive to check wheel alignment with the bag out to save putting it back in and taking it out again. Unfortunately this trips an open circuit fault code on the air bag circuit which then needs to be plugged into a computer to reset it. No prizes for guessing how I know that...

Unplugging one of the fuses will probably have set a fault code which just needs to be cleared.