Smokey engine on start up

Hello peeps. I did a bit of a silly thing during the floods the other week. I neglected to notice how low the air intake pipe was on my 200. The result- bent con rod. Anyhoo, engine out, 2nd hand rod, reusing my piston, head gasket, new oil and filter, bish bash bosh, back together and i'm a clever boy. Sort of. It smoked like hell for a couple of miles, but it soon cleared up. However, it's really smokey on startup, and it used to be fine. What do we think? Oil creeping into the bores somehow or basically just general damage from the ill advised wading?

Did you check the pushrods & valves for damage, the pushrods can be quite easily bent, even if slightly out of true they will affect the valve clearances & running.

The push rods looked fine to my eye, as for valves i dunno. Head just got a bit of a clean up before it went back on. Would the smoke clear after a couple of minutes if it was that?

would probably smoke for longer, check the timing just in case the belt has jumped one tooth or the piston ring gaps are all aligned so oil can get past them.

did any water get into the fuel tank, maybe some did & it's being burnt off.

Hmm. Does read like i reused the gasket! Be assured, i got a new one. I'm using my mobile not a pc so this is all written sms style, so my proof reading is a bit lacking! I suppose water could have got to the tank, it needs a new front bracket anyway so I'll drain it and see. Timing could be worth a check. I got a mate who can do that.