Weld on rear crossmembers?

Matt B

Hi All

I have had a change of heart, I cut the rear off my 100" chassis with a veiw to building a trayback but have decided that I want to go back to the original plan and build a 100 Truck Cab ala Mark Evans.

The cut I made was here:

chassis.jpg

My question, does the weld on crossmember have enough extension to weld to that?

I know I could just buy the panel and see but round here the decent ones are £170...

Any constructive comments would really be appreciated.

Matt

The bolt fixings to the bottom rear edge of the rear body are the same, so it's really just attaching the crossmember to the chassis rails. The normal way of fitting a crossmember to the vehicle is to use the rear 10 bolts to align it, then attach it to the chassis - that way everything lines up. Putting a 110 rear crossmember on a 90 chassis would be interesting as the curves are different, but I would cut the curve off and make my own joining plates to make it neater. Of course - there would then be more welding required to do the job, but it would definitely look better.

Les.