Shot blasting..

dees

Hi folks - been lurking around here for a while. I have a range rover chassis that requires blast cleaning prior to galvanizing. Can anyone recommend a good (Cheap) blast cleaner around the Cirencester area? The chassis is located at Kemble airfield.

Thanks

Duncan

Surface Systems, Chiseldon (on the Marlborough road) 01793740008. Diesel-Jim got his chassis shot blasted there before getting it Galved in Cardiff.

Les.

Thanks, Les. Any idea how much. just before I give them a bell?

Guest diesel_jim
Not too sure really £100-150 squids I think he said.

Les.

^^^^^ Yup, What Les said.

can't remember the exact parice, but around that. i'll dig the invoice out tonight.

Also, is Lloyd Knapp, who lives on the Cirencester to wootton bassett road, near the bassett end. not got his number to hand at the moment, but can get it, my dad has had a load of stuff done there, and he's REALLY into LR's and ex military stuff.

Dave at Industrial shotblasing Tetbury (50 beer token last time B) ) 078180 66033

Ron Rowland -Harvey moon, Cirencester a realy nice guy 01285 651260

Thanks for the various answers, guys. I tried Industrial Shot Blasting in tetbury - got quoted £250! And rang Harvey Moon several times, but got no reply... My give it another go though.

Cheers

Duncan

Thanks for the various answers, guys. I tried Industrial Shot Blasting in tetbury - got quoted £250! And rang Harvey Moon several times, but got no reply... My give it another go though.

Cheers

Duncan

Talk to Galvanising companies, they will normally shot blast and might even have powder coat.

If you go for shot blast, galvanise and powder coat, I would expect a good discount and because the powder coat needs a very well prepared base you will get a much better job without galvanise runs, spikes and dross. Talk to Nick (Rogue Vogue) at the forge they get a lot of parts galvanised and he will give you some contacts.

I use surface systems in Chiseldon quite a lot - they get quite busy - I had to wait 2 weeks for something recently - but they are sensibly priced. AND they will shot blast it and primer it as well if you like.

If you want plating - there is a company in gloucester that I have driven past a few times - just down from the old walls factory - not sure if they do galv - might be worth checking.

Talk to Galvanising companies, they will normally shot blast and might even have powder coat.

If you go for shot blast, galvanise and powder coat, I would expect a good discount and because the powder coat needs a very well prepared base you will get a much better job without galvanise runs, spikes and dross. Talk to Nick (Rogue Vogue) at the forge they get a lot of parts galvanised and he will give you some contacts.

Phone dave directly on his mobile or call in the factory on a Saturday (back half of old Matbro factory), and dont ask his wife who runs the office!