Shocks, Springs and 2" lift

Hi looking for some advice on quality kit! I have wanted to improve the suspension on my 110 for a while as the factory shocks are nearly dead and coils have seen better days, as I have started doing a fair bit of off roading/trialling etc. I have decided to go for something heavy duty. I have been convinced by a freind and expreinced off roader that dislocation cones were gimmicks and served very little purpose. Im searching for a company or brand that does heavy duty high quality shocks and springs, does anyone of anywhere? I have been told koni, pro-comp and rough county are all good makes? Also considering lifting the suspension by 2" Do lift kits really help when off roading or are they a hinderance?

Any advice would be great

On my 110CSW, I fitted OME springs all round & matching dampers.

this list should help.

http://members.shaw.ca/jbarge/springinfo.html#OME

if you have a front winch & matching bumper, find out it's weight & chose the springs that will cope with the extra weight & do the same for the rear if you have equipment almost permanently carried/fitted. the springs I fitted lifted my 110 & along with the OME dampers give a really good ride on/off road :D

if you don't know why you need a 2" suspension lift, you prob dont need one? Adding loads of compliance for extreme off roading might make your normal driving performance too wayward, but have a think about your priorities.

If your springs and shocks are tired, even standard items will give you a lift - if you get higher rated standard LR springs you will sit a bit higher still - just changed the springs and shocks on the missus' disco for britpart heavy duty standard length springs and gaz shocks, and while they wouldn't get anywhere near my 90 they have made a massive difference to the ride quality and handling and added an inch in height.

I've got terrafirma shocks on the 90, and HD LR military springs rear and 110 fronts - again a big difference in handling over the old originals and less than £200 all in. Diffs are still the same height off the deck, so not bothered about raising the body any more, like to keep it nippy on the road as well but each to thier own.