Straight Through Exhaust

Have done this on mine - its loud but sounds great!

See HERE

This is not my dayley drive only a toy so I'm not that bothered

Disco 200tdi conversion I used the steve parker front downpipe, part of the old TD and then a front downpipe from a TD turned around cut and shut and then part of a 200TDI out of the side.

Steve

i ditched all the boxes on my 300tdi 90 quite some time ago and can highly recommend it!

all standard sized tube, dead stright pipe from the downpipe to the back axle - then a gentle curve over the axle and a straight pipe out the back crossmember.

there is alittle more noise, but if you have a cage / snorkel / roofrack / mud tyres / badly fitted doors or any combination of those - then you wont really notice the difference over the general din and wind noise anyway above 60mph!!!

If you go for a 1" wider bore pipe, then it will bellow alot more and would definitely be intrusive. Sounds cool though.

On mine, i have noticed the turbo spins up slightly faster and at slightly lower revs - which gives a bit more go setting off from the lights or general pickup in 2nd+3rd gear. Fuel consumption is unchanged and top end seems unchanged.

I went 3" straight through all the way on my 130. (there should be a post on here way back)

The noise was atrocious. I used to race and I couldn't stand it. It also introduced a new muffler at 100km/h.... the cabin ! The resonance was shocking.

I fitted a resonator at the back, no power losses and it tamed the harmonics and noise a bit, but it's still as noisy as hell when you bury the right foot, so a hot dog style muffler will be fitted when I can afford to. I've put up with the noise for 2 years but it's just too damn draining on a trip.

I'm running a straight through on my 200Tdi Disco - does anybody know the MOT position with this kind of mod? Is it allowed, or will I need to re-fit the middle box for the MOT? It went through last year with the back box removed and a side exit tail pipe, but with the middle box still in place.