Connecting a Superwinch Husky

Paul64

Hi,

I want to fit a Superwinch Husky. I have a split charge battery set up, but not really sure where the cables would be best directed. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

P.S Do most standard winch bumpers take a Superwinch Husky?

Hi Paul

unfortunately most winch bumpers won't take a husky. The drum is offset to the side, the motor is in a funny place needing a cutout in the base and the front of the tray and the fairlead has a 4 bolt fixing rather than a 2 bolt pattern. In short, withou major modification it is probably impractical. However, many huskies come with a bespoke mounting plate that you can weld into a traditional winch bumper in place of whatever was there to start with. Just a lot more work.

LR might be able to supply a Husky winch bumper STC50105, might be a bit expensive though & it looks like mine, it has a flat bottom & in the 2nd photo, my mate Earl [on here] has this version, slightly different with the solly pack still attached to the winch.

this one from First Four offroad is almost the same as Earl's

http://www.firstfour.co.uk/index.php?produ...image_id=381652

post-20-1205574280_thumb.jpg

post-20-1205574400_thumb.jpg

Hi I've got a 2002, 8552 Husky winch on a heavy duty bumper which has hardly been used. I'm thinking of putting the winch on the back of my Defender as I have a Warn8274 on the front, so that means I'll have a spare front bumper..........

But then I might sell the Husky winch and bumper to buy another warn 8274 for rear of the defender, thats if I get a reasonable offer for it.