How big is yours?

I had to change the clutch master cylinder on my 2004 110 this week. I would like to rebuild the old one to keep as a spare but there is no rebuild kit available for a 110 that age. The cylinder is a 3/4 inch bore, is that the same as any other 110? If it is, is there a part number for a 3/4 inch clutch master cylinder rebuild kit? It is a Lucas Girling one if that helps anyone.

Similarly, having changed the master cylinder, the slave is bound to give in any day. To guard against this being a show stopper on overseas trips I would like to carry a rebuild kit for this too, does anyone know the diameter of the cylinder and if there is a kit (it is only a cup seal IIRC) to fit it? Again, there is not one listed but I cannot see that it would be very different to an older Landrover.

Thanks

Chris

Kit repair clutch master cylinder LR part number 8G8837LG or Lucas part number SP1967

Slave cylinder kit is LR part number STC2818 or 8G8600LG or Lucas part number SP2029

a set of each on my desk right now :D got them from my local LR parts independent supplier.

slave cylinder repair kit contents

post-20-1205603185_thumb.jpg

Guest WALFY

Chris

Looking at the size of them why not carry a spare pair rather than repair kits. Or if you're going to use them when on 1 of your jaunts why not approach a local supplier and get some bits/spares on a sale or return basis.

I've already put that much in place already for next year. But I'll be changing the bits out this year slow time to achieve new parts in places I expect things to give me trouble.

Kit repair clutch master cylinder LR part number 8G8837LG or Lucas part number SP1967

Slave cylinder kit is LR part number STC2818 or 8G8600LG or Lucas part number SP2029....

.....slave cylinder repair kit contents

Are they correct for 2004 Defender Ralph? Mike(?) at Swindon ATR Bearmach has nothing listed.

The slave cylinder is about £30 so I would prefer to carry a £4 kit than a whole cylinder which, god willing, I will not need. I will carry the whole master since I have one and they are more complicated to repair in the field - although not by much.

Chris