While replacing the starter... I broke something

Joseph

Hey all, this will be another episode of what is it, do i need it, and how do i fix it? I was having trouble with my starter so i replaced it and my rover works great now (97 disco), however, in the process with little room to work underneath, i broke something next to the starter with my ratchet trying to get to the top bolt.

To describe what it is and the location, it looks like a sensor going into the engine block and its connected with an electrical wire which was bunched together with my wires going to the starter from the battery. If you can imagine the cilindrical starter popping out towards the front of the car, just at the end of it (the end closest to the front) is where the thing broke.

The piece is plastic and im not really sure if its broken or if i just pulled off the cap or something (the cap attached to the wire). In any event, my truck seems to run fine, so what is that thing?

Note, this may be a stupid question but please entertain it. Ill try and post a picture later.

Thanks,

Joe