MileMarker Hydro Winch

Hi All,

Now I have found the 90 after about a 5 hour cleaning day (day off :) ) and the weather was lovely today vs yesterday :blink: I have gotten down to the Rear Milemarker.

The drum has craked and it all needs to come out and apart / repaired / modded - and hence the Post

Anyone got a PDF Version of a MM parts manual / workshop manual ??

Just a thought

Nige

I bet you wished you had an 8274 at the weekend :P

Where did the drum crack? did it brake anything else when it broke, if not cant you just weld it up?

Hi Chris,

No comment !!!-

- just wish I'd had something on the rear that worked later in the day, ...so many punches became 'Oooer'..... with just a front winch :( (still enjoyed myself hugely)

The drum has cracked like the pics above except I think the crack is both the drum, end plate and weld - frankly I think the PTO driven MM and the huge side pull I was asking of it were too much, the unit just plain broke :(

Yes I could just weld it up but I don't think at the mo (know more when I pull it) that it was just a poor weld, so if I reweld it the same could reoccur again.

I think some machining and advice from those who know may be shoved into a m,elting pot and stirred, need to do something :(

Ta for the input so far folks, prob pics tommorrow, after I have had a play at fiddling with the ECU settings for Monsewer Fridge and tuning his V8 in (part) return for all his help with me getting the Eales Megasquirted.

Thats .........and the fact I needed a complete new set of pads after a day at slab,

the drive home was one of those Oooo ahhh eeeek Ooooer Close-your-ears ....when applying brakes ....

and wincing and grimacing and driving via the gearbox .....rather than the middle pedal trips back home :lol:

Oh And a huge number of hours with a pressure washer :) I have found me 90 now :lol:

Nige