Ultimate challenge

steve b

Despite the fact that when ever I wasnt legging it round with a lump hammer & staple gun trying to keep the stages up in the weather I was absolutly freezing cold it was still a wicked weekend thanks to some super cool driving, some slightly mad driving and those of you that where in no particular hurry, stopping to watch others, entertain & nick my skittles! :rolleyes:;)

mmm skittles!!!

:rolleyes:

As essential as skittles are there not half as useful as having some diesel. fixed your fuel gauge yet?? :huh:

what, fix it straight afterwards when we could leave it until just before the next event and then work into the night to be ready? what a revolutionary idea!! I think we'll just carry a spare 5 litre can it'll be easier!

anyway the skittles helped the fuel guage on the co-driver.

what, fix it straight afterwards when we could leave it until just before the next event and then work into the night to be ready? what a revolutionary idea!! I think we'll just carry a spare 5 litre can it'll be easier!

anyway the skittles helped the fuel guage on the co-driver.

So are you trying to say that I'm an absolute star for supplying the skittles & saved the day? :unsure:

So are you trying to say that I'm an absolute star for supplying the skittles & saved the day? :unsure:

I would just like to reiterate what Brian said about our fuel gauge, having a working one would have been no fun at all, and we wouldnt have been able to enjoy a picnic on the A43 1 mile fromthe petrol station! Thanks for the skittles though they were tasty treats!!!

I would just like to reiterate what Brian said about our fuel gauge, having a working one would have been no fun at all, and we wouldnt have been able to enjoy a picnic on the A43 1 mile fromthe petrol station! Thanks for the skittles though they were tasty treats!!!

I must have underestimated just how much fun a picnic on the A43 would be! :rolleyes: Next time instead of driving past waving i'll stop and join you for a picnic! :lol::lol:

Finally managed to download my pictures. I only had time to make 2, but it is something.

We had a reasonable event, we hit a massive rock just 1 hour in, which puntured the front axle casing. Luckily tink gave us some chewing gum which saved the day. In the evening we made a more solid repair with 2pack epoxy.

The rest of the event went pretty much without trouble, apart from severely mashing the rh wing onto a tree, followed by an incident were a strap fall of the bonnet during a hill climb, which failed, and then I reversed back over the strap, resulting in the most bend wing I have ever seen.

We came 7th overall, which we were pleased with since it took us a while to get used to the event and the scoringtactics. The car home ok afterwards.

A white easter!

DSC01136-copy.jpg

The bent wing:

DSC01139-copy.jpg

Daan