Stanage Edge

q-rover

I read about a dozen posts on that climbing forum before i saw read - what a bunch of narrow minded morons, complete Neanderthals the lot of em.

Indeed, that sort of thing is a breeding ground for ill-informed hatred of what we do, hence Sharp Pointy Thing and I stuck our oars in

Indeed we did :P but someone had to "fight our corner" as it was a very one sided rant!

I notice a lot of posts have been deleted today though, including ours <_<

I didn't see that, everything seems to be intact so far, and nobody has played the 'troll' card so far which is unusual for that place!

Last year a whole load of soil/grit was washed away in July - leaving some big voids around the rocks. The best route for stock vehicles has always been to the right going down over the section in the photo in the first post - the erosion has changed the character of it - hence we came down cautiously a couple of weeks ago in stock vehicles.

The section in question starts at about 5:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R27jECkb4s