Disco II

Anglo-Frenchman

Hi,

I put this on the end of an old post but thought it may get read if I re-posted it as new topic. Can anyone ID the leaky metal tube under my Disco? I think this is where I am losing coolant from and would like to get a part number to order a replacement.

Thanks

Hi,

My EPC shops the bit you want as "Rail Assembly - Coolant" with part No. PFV100120.

It looks like it is the small pipe AND the large pipe (in your previous post) as one complete unit.

Regards

Scrumps

Just searching on the part number, as I don't know DiscoII's, the later Microcat found it OK, Part 7 on the Callout.

You are running a Diesel, yes?

It looks a complex assembly, and I reckon you are doing well to get it for £50 -ish.

I am seeing three pipes apparently conjoined, with 5 ends (rubber pipe connections) and only one part number.

I note that there is a single 'Hose Assembly' part, which appears to contain that pipe, AND all the associated shaped rubber hoses plus the hose clips. This is part PFV000100, number 29 on the Callout, for about £110 -ish.

For a '98 to 2004 vehicle that might be worth a punt, if one item has aged to the point of leaking. You will be disturbing the hose joints anyway.

DO Double Check with a more local supplier / Dealer parts listing / pricing as that 000100 number does not Google.

Make sure you have the correct Antifreeze in stock. Yours looks like Longlife, and maybe Organic.

To find possible suppliers just put the part number in Google. I got two responses, Beamends and Rimmer Bros.

Rimmers do Mail Order, Beamends don't, so that's a choice made for someone located in France :-)

Mind you, there is a place in Holland that has a good reputation for supplying parts, Rob Stewart I think, but I don't recall a trading name.

HTH

post-118-1206522675_thumb.png

For what it is worth I have repaired the exsisiting pipe work. I was quoted £180 from my local dealer and I think this may be a dealer only part.

If you can repair this pipe it is a lot cheaper/easier than having to locate replace the complete pipe.

Trust me I've done it with mine. No leaks done 4500 mile since repair no coolant loss.

Thanks very much David. I have placed a call to a local independent parts place in Angoulême run by a very efficient Dutch lady and am awaiting a call back as its not a part they carry and have to get a price from their supplier.

I may have a go at repairing it if the price is ridiculous - I can't weld but I may be able to do something with a piece of rubber pipe and jubilee clips although I always worry that repairs like this are a bit of a time-bomb! I'll let you know the outcome.

Ged